Wednesday 29 April 2015

Goodbye Mr Crab, it was fun

Last few pics of the crab before it goes off to pastures new. Other people have shown more fondness for this tree than me so after some deliberation I'm going to be swapping this for something which inspires me more.

I'm always amazed at the costs of these little trees, and to be honest, I haven't really seen another one with such fine taper, tiny pot and abundance of buds. 

However cash doesn't really interest me - even though I'm not exactly rolling in it, it's just not something that drives me....The opportunity of working with new material does though. So off it goes to a far more suitable owner - one with bags of experience and a far more appreciative eye.

I will still miss that 3 week window every year where the buds push out, come into bloom and you get to sit it indoors for a couple of days and admire it. However, as time passes and my experience grows, I realise more and more that my heart lies with evergreens....

So finally, just a  couple of parting pics, mainly for me to reminisce over in 30 years when I kick myself for selling, but mostly just to warm my heart in the deep cold of winter, with that little reminder about what's just around the corner.

It's not the last connection I share with it's late creator 'Arihato' of Holland, an inspirational guide and tutor, selfless in advice and humorous to the last, I still have some rare floral corms which will stay with me, and are just peeking out of the soil, to enjoy in the full summer sun.


 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment