Friday 24 April 2015

crab...blooms...just too late

Quick post.

I've been enjoying spring so much I forgot the camera. The junipers are flourishing with beautiful lime green tips, the deciduous are waking at various degrees of drunken laziness....except for the Crabapple (Malus...XXXX) which has been so impossibly pretty, I forgot to shoot it before the blooms started to degrade

I watered them without taking care to avoid the blooms & they are too delicate to handle direct water contact without browning

I usually take so much care with certain species to only water the soil, my carelessness ruined the already tiny window of beauty these terrific trees offer.

Still, feckit....Lushcious pink buds bursting into lillywhite blooms, then fading... it looks wonderful anyway, even though it's going over. I love the taper in this tree, i've not seen many in this size which have this feature, and it's not too bad naked either. A wonderful example of the developmental skills of the late Arihato of Holland, from whom I sourced it some time ago

Shame he never got to see it bloom this year after my recent work on it.




AAA battery for reference


No comments:

Post a Comment