Sunday 27 April 2014

Accents.... the seductive power of pretty - pt 2



rambling further on from *this post here* ...




We happened upon a cave in one particularly steep side of a mountain – one which had been blown out hundreds of years before with dynamite. It provided us shelter after a ferocious windstorm overnight and gave us somewhere to knock up a bacon & sausage sarnie, miles from anywhere.

As we relaxed and drank coffee, I noticed the mosses and lichen growing on the rocks around me. I noticed how they seemed so happy there and how pretty they were up close. The diversity of varieties really blew me away, and I pondered the thought that should one ever take a juniperus communis from here, that maybe, just maybe, an accent of mosses and lichen might be a good idea…..



It would represent the natural home of the tree, and would offer a complimentary texture to replicate the harsh environment of the original home of the Juniper.



I remember this moment, standing transfixed, thinking to myself that I had suddenly understood accents, what they represented and why we would make them.



It’s a nice feeling to suddenly “get” something which has mystified you in the past, to really appreciate what something means, not just in general, but what it means to you personally. I love my garden, and the various shapes and forms in the beds out there. I get immense pleasure from the burst of every bloom, the extension and readch of every bulb and the opening of every leaf….



So in answer to the topic thread title – I have been seduced by the power of pretty. Pretty flowers in complimentary pots are something I will now look upon with an appreciate eye, particularly as I have now composed my first two….
 
 Ajuga, forget-me-nots and a bulb I forget the name of -
weed tastic in an Erin pot
 
 
 
White Saxifrage with Sempiverums, Erin pot


I hope you enjoy them like I do.
 
Til next time..
 

No comments:

Post a Comment